Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11, a day that will always be remembered.

hello everyone,

i'd like to share with you where i was/what i remember of that terrible day.


i was just in elementary school in mrs. beer's 2nd grade class. (i think it was 2nd grade)
and a teacher came in to our classroom and whispered something to my teacher.  right then she turned on the TV as we saw the repeated footage of the 2nd plane flying into the trade center and BREAKING NEWS across the screen. my teacher watched as she covered her mouth, and then explained to us a little bit about what exactly was going on.
i'm pretty sure school went on as usual and it didn't get cancelled (i could be wrong)
but when it was time to go home i ran and saw my mom sitting on the edge of the couch with the news on talking to someone on the phone.  she kept saying she couldn't believe this had happened.
i was little so i needed a lot of explaining but i could understand that some little girl out there, like me, wouldn't have her daddy coming home to her that night.

there were so many heroes that day. firefighters, police men, workers, and innocent civilians.
my heart goes out to all those who have lost a loved one on 9/11.

here is my favorite video that makes me cry every time. please watch, i know you'll love it. make sure you have a kleenex close ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment